Why Target Adolescents?
- Mental health, substance use or addiction problems often start in adolescents
- About half the adults report experiencing their first episode during adolescence
- Adolescents do not know that they have a problem
- There are so many changes taking place it is hard for the youth and caregivers to know that there is a problem
- Youth do not know the route to safe and supportive care
- Stigma and lacking of knowing how to get care leaves youth to their own methods
ICH YouTube Channel on Identification and Prevalence. This channel cycles through the videos.